Early morning flight from Kathmandu to Phaplu (2469m) gives you overviews of high Himalayan mountain experiences and will reach around 30 minutes to the Phaplu and meet with the trekking crews, have the breakfast in local loge while trekking staff will prepare the luggage and bags.
The journey starts to the directions of Ringmu villages (2720m) and joins the old Jiri-Everest trek route and finally arrive in Taksindu (2960m). The next day, Trek passes through Nunthala village and descend to the Dudhkoshi River and crossing a suspension bridge we climb up to the Jubhing village and the journey end at Kharikhola.
The 3rd day of trek follows the Dudhkoshi valley towards the Surke, Phakding and Namche bazzar. A day acclimatization is must so a day excursion around Khumjung Village is worth to understand Sherpa culture.
After 3 days of upward trekking we finally reach the famous lake of Gokyo. The next day early morning climb to the Gokyo Ri provides us a stunning view of various mountains views. The views from here are tremendous, a 360 degree panorama of snow-capped peaks including Everest (8,848 m) ranked 1st , Lhotse (8,516) m, ranked 4th, Nuptse (7,861 m), Makalu 8,463 m, ranked 5th and Cho Oyu (8,201 m) ranked 6th in the world .
From Gokyo, we retrace the main trail towards Namche Bazaar and finally to Lukla Airport. Early morning flight take back us to Kathmandu and trek concludes.
The best season to trek this area is in Spring season ( March/April/May) and Autumn Season (Sept/Oct/Nov)
Trek Category: Medium with Gokyo Ri Ascension 5483m (requires good walking habit 5/6h day)
Accommodation: Lodge/Guest House
Transport: Kathmandu/Phaplu and Lukla/Kathmandu
Food: Locally available Food Menu
Permits & Entries: TIMS & SNP Fees
Leading Team: 1 Trekking Guide & 1 porter per two member ratio
There are two main internal airports in Everest Region which have a black-topped Tarmac. Starting to trek from Phaplu provides a progressive acclimatization process that is must for a high elevation terrain. This is very suitable for those who have not yet experienced in high elevation trek which give an adequate time and stamina to be fit in high elevation above 4000m.
- DAY 01: FLY TO PHAPLU & TREK TO TAKSINDU (2930M)
- DAY 02 : KHARI KHOLA (2040M)
- DAY 03: SURKE (2290M)
- DAY 04: PHAKDING (2610M)
- DAY 05: NAMCHE BAZAAR (3440M)
- DAY 06: NAMCHE BAZAAR
- DAY 07: PHORTSE THANGA (3606M)
- DAY 08: MACHERMA (4396M)
- DAY 09: MACHERMA REST DAY /ACCLIMATIZATION
- DAY 10: GOKYO LAKE (4771M)
- DAY 11: SUMMIT OF GOKYO RI (5483M)
- DAY 12: TREK DOWN TO DOLE
- DAY 13: TREK DOWN TO NAMCHE BAZAAR
- DAY 14: TREK DOWN TO PHAKDING
- DAY 15: TREK UP TO LUKLA (2840M)
- DAY 16: FLY BACK TO KATHMANDU & TREK CONCLUDES
Customize this trip to suit your requirements or write us for detail itinerary.
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Welcome lunch or dinner
- – Trekking permit & TIMS fees
- – Everest National Parks entry fees.
- – All land transport cost mentioned in the itinerary.
- – Kathmandu – Phaplu, Lukla-Kathmandu airfare & taxes
- – Licensed & experienced trekking guide with staffs & their salary
- – Trekking staff’s insurances and equipment
- – Lodge and Food during the trek (3 meals with tea and coffee).
- – International flight confirmations
- – Evacuation flight arrangements
- – All government taxes
EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – International flight tickets & taxes
- – Nepal entry visa fees (40$ )
- – Evacuation insurance
- – Personal equipment (trekking boot, sun glass, sleeping bags, sticks etc)
- – Personal medical expenses
- – Tips to staffs (3$/day)