This classic and scenic cultural trek which passes through the Dudh Kosi river valley where the traditional Sherpa villages of Namche, Khumjung and Khunde, Tengboche, Pangboche lies under the shadow of the Everest. This trek is suitable for those who have limited time but still wish to explore the Sherpa Homeland in lower part of the Everest. You will meet the friendly Sherpa people and enjoy their renowned hospitality. You will also be amazed to observe how life continues in this extremely quiet and spiritual side of the world, very much at its own pace as it has done for centuries.
The trek also passes through the ever-so-quiet monasteries of Thyangboche and Pangboche. Our highest point is Pangboche [3908m] with its delightfully unexplored monastery, the way it was ever since its inception. There may also be an opportunity for you to visit the rather rare and unusual Buddhist nunnery at Deboche and the famous Thyangboche Monastery, set high on an inclined ridge, commanding some of the most spectacular views in the area.
You will have magnificent views of Mt Everest [8848m], Lhotse [8501m], Nuptse [7879m], Ama Dablam [6856m], Thamserku [6608m] and Kantega [6685m]. You will also see great glaciers, sprawling snowfields and glistening ice ridges emitting sparkling flashes in the warm, Himalayan sun. You will experience some unique nature hikes through dark forests, open pastures and masses of rhododendron flowers in the pre-monsoon, or the red and gold ones of autumn in the post-monsoons. You will be excited when you encounter suddenly with wild animals and birds in such a high mountain goat-the Thar, musk deer and Danphe– national bird of Nepal.
You will also look into the intricately carved mani stones and prayer flags whispering all around on the trees connected with shrines of the monasteries and the all-seeing eyes of Buddha on every Chorten and Stupa. This is an area rich in cultural, religious and environmental interests, set within an awe-inspiring landscape below the highest mountain on Earth.
The best season to trek this area is in Spring Season (March/April/May) and Autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov) but this trip can be done throughout the year except in Summer Season (June/July/August).
There are daily domestic flights from Kathmandu to Lukla but in some cases the scheduled flights are disrupted due to bad weather. So keep always enough extra days on your itinerary such as exploring Kathmandu valley as an option.
- Trek Category: Easy trek but high elevation (requires 4/5h per day)
- Trek Highlights: Sherpa Culture & Monastic life
- Accommodation: Lodge/Guest Houses (There are many luxurious hotel and lodges available)
- Transportation: Kathmandu/Lukla both way flight
- Food: Locally available Food Menu
- Trek Permits & Entry fees: Normal (TIMS & SNP Entry Fees)
- Accompanying Team: 1 Trek Guide and 1 porter for two member ratio (20kg/per porter)
The trek only itinerary is scheduled as follows:
- Day 01: FLY TO LUKLA (2840M) & TREK DOWN TO PHAKDING (2610M)
- Day 02: TREK UP TO NAMCHE BAZAAR (3440M)
- Day 03: TREK UP TO KHUMJUNG VILLAGE (3780M)
- Day 04: TREK UP TO TENGBOCHE MONASTERY (3860M)
- Day 05: TREK TO PANGBOCHE MONASTERY (3930M)
- Day 06: TREK TO MONJO (2835M)
- Day 07: TREK UP TO LUKLA
- Day 08: FLY BACK TO KATHMANDU & TREK CONCLUDES
Write us for detailed information of this itinerary or send us your customized itinerary for a final quotation.
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Welcome lunch or dinner
- – Trekking permit & TIMS fees
- – Everest National Parks entry fees.
- – All land transport cost mentioned in the itinerary.
- – Kathmandu/Lukla both way airfare & taxes
- – Licensed & experienced trekking guide with staffs & their salary
- – Trekking staff’s insurances
- – Lodges and Food during the trek (3 meals with tea and coffee).
- – International flight confirmations
- – Evacuation flight arrangements
- – All government taxes
EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – International flight tickets & taxes
- – Nepal entry visa fees (40$ )
- – Meals in the city (8-12 $ )
- – Evacuation insurance
- – Personal equipment (trekking boot, sun glass, sleeping bags, sticks etc)
- – Personal medical expenses
- – Tips to staffs (3$/day)