This trek leads to the two high passes of Renjo-La (5360m) and Chola la (5420m) which lies nearby Nepal-Tibet border and crosses through the Gokyo Valley. The trek also includes ascension of two summits Gokyo Ri (5483m) and Kalapatthar (5550m).
This new adventure itinerary became very famous after the development of lodges and teas houses on both sides of the passes and recommended for those who wish to add some adventure by crossing two high passes during the normal EBC Trek.
We follow traditional classical route up to the Namche Bazaar from Lukla and deviate towards the famous Thame village, a beautiful village and the homeland of the famous legendary hero Tenzing Norgey Sherpa (nick named Snow Leopard) who first made the summit of the world’s tallest peak the Mt. Everest in 1953 with Sir Admund of New Zealand.
In upper Thame you could still see and meet many snow leopards (his descendants still living in the same village).
Sherpas are migrated from the eastern Tibetan territory of Salmo Gang in between14th to 15th centuries crossing the Nangpa la pass and settled down in this region. The economy of Sherpa community was traditionally agriculture, livestock herding and the trading between Tibet & Nepal. They used to follow Bajrayana Buddhism of ancient Ngingmapa tradition and culturally practiced polyandry marriage system until 1950. This system is completely abandoned from their tradition because of increased economic activities, high mobility towards the urban areas, connection with modern world through mountaineering & trekking activities.
The Mountain views from the Renjo-La, could see the Gokyo-valley with Gokyo lake, Everest (8,848 m/29,029 ft) ranked 1st, Lhotse (8,516 m/27,940 ft) ranked 4th, Nuptse (7,861 m (25,791 ft) , Makalu 8,463 m /27,766 ft) ranked 5th and Cho Oyu (8,201 m /26,906 ft) ranked 6th in the world .
The best season to trek this area are in Spring season (March/April/May) and Autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov).
- Trek Type: Hard with 2 High passes (requires Crampons, Ice-Axes and Ropes)
- Location: Everest and Khumbu
- Trek Duration: 15 days (Kathmandu/Kathmandu)
- Accommodation: Loge Trek
- Transport system: Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu Flight
- Trek Team: Mountain Guide and 1 porter per two member ratio
This is Trek only itinerary so that you are advised to have enough days before and after trek.
- DAY 01: FLY TO LUKLA (2840M) AND TREK DOWN TO PHAKDING (2610M)
- DAY 02: TREK UP TO NAMCHE BAZAAR (3440M)
- DAY 03: REST DAY/ACCLIMATIZATION (EXCURSION IN KHUMJUNG VILLAGE 3780M)
- DAY 04: TREK UP TO THAME VILLAGE (3820M)
- DAY 05: TREK UP TO LUMDE (4368M)
- DAY 06: REST DAY/ACCLIMATIZATION IN LUMDE
- DAY 07: CROSS THE RENJO-LA PASS(5360M) AND TREK TO GOKYO LAKE (4790M)
- DAY 08: GOKYO RI (5483M) SUMMIT AND TREK UP TO DRAGNAG (4700M)
- DAY 09: TREK UP TO CHO-LA PASS(5420M) AND TREK DOWN TO DUGLA (4620M)
- DAY 10: TREK UP TO GORAKCHEP (5140M)
- DAY 11: DAY HIKING TO EBC (5364M) AND RETURN TO GORAKCHEP
- DAY 12: CLIMB KALAPATTAR (5550M) & TREK DOWN TO PHERICHE (4240M)
- DAY 13: TREK DOWN TO NAMCHE
- DAY 14: TREK UP TO LUKLA
- DAY 15: FLY BACK TO KATHMANDU AND TREK CONCLUDES.
“Customize this trek to suit your requirements ” or write us for detail itinerary
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Welcome lunch or dinner
- – Trekking permit & TIMS fees
- – Everest National Parks entry fees.
- – All land transport cost mentioned in the itinerary.
- – Kathmandu – Lukla both way airfare & taxes
- – Licensed & experienced trekking guide with staffs & their salary
- – Trekking staff’s insurances
- – Lodges and Food during the trek (3 meals with tea and coffee).
- – International flight confirmations
- – Evacuation flight arrangements
- – Ice-Axes, Crampons and Ropes
- – All government taxes
EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – International flight tickets & taxes
- – Nepal entry visa fees (40$ )
- – Meals in the city (8-12 $ )
- – Evacuation insurance
- – Personal equipment (trekking boot, sun glass, sleeping bags, sticks etc)
- – Personal medical expenses
- – Tips to staffs (3$/day)