This world famous Annapurna Base Camp Trek with a day hiking up to the Annapurna South Glacier or Hiunchuli Base Camp give you the perfect Himalayan adventure. We try to change traditional trekking itinerary by adding some interesting features for those interested to see spectacular Himalayan scenery as well as climb up to the glaciers for the acclimatization purpose.
This classic Annapurna Base Camp Trek or also called Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is a moderate and fairly challenging and adventure trek that starts from Nayapul on Beni-Baglung Highway. We ascend following the river bank with well-trodden trails through terraced farmland and traditional villages. The trail also takes you through fascinating traditional villages of Nepal’s ethnic communities of the Gurung, Magar, and Thakali ethnic communities who will greet you very warmly with their traditional way.
Early morning hiking to Punhill view station located above the Ghorepani Village is rewarding where you witness breath-taking views of an early morning sunrise glistening gaps over the snow capped peaks of the Annapurna & Dhaulagiri Mountains. The scenery seen throughout this trek grace the landscape of the real Himalayan imagination that defines the beauty of nature as an experience that can ever be forgotten.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek will be even more interesting in spring (March/April/May) as the whole forest along the trail turns red, pink and white with rhododendron flowers. This wonder trip can be done anytime of the year except during the monsoons.
The return walk is even more interesting as the trek winds around different ridges from Chomrong to the direction of Jhinu, Landrung, Pothana and Australian Camp to rejoins the Beni Baglung Road in Kande.
A relaxing Hot Spring Bath at the river bank of Jhinu is worth not to miss which is believed to cure diseases related to skins as well as muscles and ankles.
The best season to trek this area is in Spring Season (March/April/May) and Autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov) but this trip can be done throughout the year except in Summer Season (June/July/August).
Note: If you wish to avoid crowd during the main season try in early June and November months of the years where there will be less crowd but weather conditions remains fair to trek.
- Trek Category: Medium Trek with 4/5h walking per day)
- High lights of the Trek: 360° Mountain view from ABC and discover local culture
- Accommodation: Local lodge and Guest Houses
- Transport Type: Tourist Bus/Private Car or by Flight
- Food & Beverages: Local Food Menu (3 meals/day with Tea/Coffee)
- Trek Permit: Normal (TIMS and Park Entry Fees)
- Leading Team: 1 Trekking Guide and 1 porter for two member basis (20kg/porter)
The below indicated itinerary is combined trek itinerary which includes Dhampus-Pothana Trek, Ghorepani Trek and MBC-ABC Trek. This trek can be shortened to 7/8 days if wish to do only ABC but that makes no sense to visiting the region without exploring local Life and Culture.
We propose this itinerary which combines all three places of the region and makes really interesting and purposeful.
- Day 01: Fly/Drive to Nayapul and Trek to Tirkhedhunga (1570m)
- Day 02: Trek to Ghorepani (2750m)
- Day 03: Early morning Punhill hike (3210m) and Tadapani (2650m)
- Day 04: Trek to Chomrong Village (2170m)
- Day 05: Trek to Dobhan (2600m)
- Day 06: Trek to MBC Macchapuchare Base Camp (3700m)
- Day 07: Trek to ABC Annapurna Base Camp (4130m) & Glacier Hiking (4700m)
- Day 08: Trek to Bamboo (2310m)
- Day 09: Trek to Jhinu Danda (1780m) & Hot Spring Bath
- Day 10: Trek to Pothana (1870m)
- Day 11: Trek to Kande via Australian Camp & Drive to Pokhara
- Day 12: Pokhara City & Around visits
- Day 13: Fly/Drive back to Kathmandu & Trek Concludes
This is the outlined itinerary only but please write us for detailed itinerary with days walking distances, elevations and highlights of the day and final quotation for you trip.
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – TIMS & ACAP Entry Fees
- – Guide and porters Salary, Accommodation, Insurance and Food.
- – Trek cost on full board basis ( lodge accommodation and 3 meals with tea/Coffee)
- – All transfers mentioned in the itinerary
- – All local communications
EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Nepal Entry visa and International flight tickets
- – Accommodation and Food in Kathmandu
- – City sightseeing Tours
- – International Insurance includes emergency evacuations
- – Trekking equipment/gears
- – Refreshments (clod drinks, alcohols, mineral waters etc)
- – Personal medicines, clothing, walking sticks, hat, sun glasses etc
- – Donation in Village clubs, monasteries etc
- – Tips to the trekking team 3$/day