The easiest way to obtain Nepal visa is upon your arrival at Tribhuban International Airport in Kathmandu or at border immigration offices (if you are entering from Tibet and India) However People of these countries do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan.
- Valid passport.(with a validity of a minimum period of six months)
- Application Form
- Two passport size picture
- Visa fees in cash
Entry Points to Nepal
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Tourist Visa Fees
- Multiple entry 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple entry 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
- Visa for SAARC countries: Free visa for 30 days available for tourists of SAARC countries.
- Visa for Indian citizens: Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal but getting to Nepal by air/overland they have to show their passport or any identity card issued by Indian government, at the entry point to Nepal. The children under 10 years no need to show any identification.
Tourist Visa Extension
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
Foreigners, who have entered in Nepal to stay for a night in Nepal and willing to use Nepal’s Air port to visit another country with plane ticket or foreigners, traveling in the accidentally force landed plane for any circumstances shall be issued transit visa for one day by the paying 5 US $ or equivalent convertible currency.
- No foreigner is entitled to enter into and stay in the Kingdom of Nepal without valid visa.
- Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepalese Embassy or consulate or other mission offices or immigration offices located on entry points in Nepal.
- Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, re-validated and visa fees will not be refunded.
- Personal cheque and credit cards are not accepted at any entry point of Nepal.
- Living in Nepal without passport or a valid visa is a punishable offense.
- There will be no charge for children under 10 years, however, visa is required.
- You are advised to be mindful to contact the Immigration Department for visa transfer in case of getting new passport or travel document from you Embassy/Consulate.
- Should be kept Passport and trekking permit while trekking.
- filming in restricted areas or notified areas without permission is strictly prohibited.
- Respect local traditions, customs, values and sentiments to help them protect local cultures and maintain local.