It takes 8h drive from Kathmandu which covers around 120km road drive to the China-Tibet border Shaybrubensi. The trek starts for walking up to the Gatlang village and next day is trek down towards up to the Chilime khola and slide climbing up to the hot spring spot of Tatopani village (Tatopani means whot water in Nepali) where one can relax and cure the disease by taking natural hot shower. The trek passes the Nagthali Ghyang and descends to the Thuman village and crossing the Bhote Koshi river and finally join the Briddim village. From Briddim, the trail passes through the dense forest, Wangol village and finally arrives in Shyabrubensi village.
The major high lights of this trail as name suggest that it is the homeland of the ethnic Tamang people and their unique, rich culture, tradition and the practice of ancient Buddhism of Ngingmapa Vehicle (Red Turban/Hat). The history says that Tamang are migrated from Tibet in 7th Century and settled in the region. This trail is recently opened to the tourist and requires special permit with nominal fees.
This trail is short but preferred by many trekkers who have other adventure program combined as River rafting, Jungle safari in Chitwan and Bardia National or just discover the ancient cities such as Kathmandu, Patan and Bhadgaon as part of cultural tours.
The best season to trek this area in spring season (March/April/May) and Autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov)
- Trek category: Easy and short Trek (Good walking habit of 4/5h per day)
- Highlights of the Trek: Newly opened trekking Area
- Ancient Tibetan/ Tamang Culture & Hospitality
- Accommodation & Food: Home stay in local village and lodge
- Transport: Local Bus/Private 4X4 Jeep
- Trek Permit: Special permit and LNP entry fees
- Leading Team: 1 trekking guide and 1 porter to 2 member ratio
This is the trek only itinerary and do not includes hotel accommodations in Kathmandu. The trek itinerary has been developed according to progressive acclimatization on the high elevation of the mountain to adapt for all category of the trekker.
- DAY 01: DRIVE TO SHYABRUBENSI (1460M)
- DAY 02: TREK UP TO GATLANG (2238M)
- DAY 03: TREK UP TO TATOPANI (2607M)
- DAY 04: TREK DOWN TO THUMAN (2338M)
- DAY 05: TREK UP TO BRIDDIM (2229)
- DAY 06: TREK DOWN TO SHYABRUBENSI (1460M)
- DAY 07: DRIVE BACK TO KATHMANDU AND TREK CONCLUDES
Write us for detailed information of this itinerary or send us your customized itinerary for a final quotation.
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Special Permit for Tamang Heritage trail
- – Langtang National Park entry fees
- – 7 days trek cost on full board basis (accommodation & 3 meals, tea/coffees)
- – Kathmandu-Shyabrubensi-Katmandu Transfers
- – Trekking teams salary, insurance, accommodation & food
- – All local communication
EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Nepal Entry visa and International flight tickets
- – Accommodation and Food in Kathmandu
- – City sightseeing Tours
- – International Insurance
- – Trekking equipment/gears
- – Refreshments (clod drinks, alcohols, mineral waters etc)
- – Personal medicines, clothing, walking sticks, hat, sun glasses etc
- – Donation in Village clubs, monasteries etc
- – Tips to the trekking team 3$/day