This is a combined trek itinerary of three main trekking trails of the Langtang Himalaya region which can be reached within 150 km road drive to the north of Kathmandu Valley, the capital city of Nepal
After three decades of trekking experiences in Nepal Himalayas, there have been major changes took place in the region and the road network penetrated deep inside the region as part of modern development process and traditional trekking routes are shortened.
Our company Star World Tours & Travels have compiled the best trekking itinerary while combining all the major highlights such as local culture and tradition, Flore and Fauna, Hot Spring bath places, Mountain peaks and sacred lakes, centuries old Monasteries and villages, Yak Cheese factories and high passes.
The trek starts from Gatlang village which lies in Tamang Heritage Trail and slide climbing to hot spring spot Tatopani where one can relax and cure the disease by taking natural hot shower. The trek passes the Nagthali Ghyang and descends to the Thuman Village and by crossing the Nepal-Tibet Trade route and Bhote Koshi River and finally reach the Bridim village. From Bridim, the trail passes through the Sherpagaon and joins traditional Langtang Valley trek trail to the Ghodatabela Village. The trail goes up to Kyangjin Gompa crossing Langtang Village.
In Kyangzin, we have opportunity to climb to the top of the Kyangzin Ri (4774m). After an ascent of Kyangjin Ri (4774m), from where the 360 degree mountain views are truly spectacular from where all majors high summits of Langtnang Himalayas are observed such as Langtang Lirung (7227m), Chengge Liru (6596m) and Langtang Yubra (6264m) to the north.
We trek back to the Thulo Syabru and rejoins the Gosaikund trail through the Sing Gompa of Chandanbari. The next day is also the journey of acclimatization so we slowly climb up to the Lauribina village (3910m) and rest. Finally we climb again up to the Gosaikund Lake (4380m). There will be the biggest fair in Janaipurnima day (August) where thousands of Shamans and pilgrims of Shiva devotees climb to the holy lake and take ice bath to purify their sins.
The trek passes through Lauribina Pass (4610m) and It takes two more days of descending trek to arrive in Kathmandu via Chisopani hill and finally arrives in Sundarijal, Kathmandu.
The best season to trek this area are in Spring Season (March/April/May) and Autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov) but this trip can be done throughout the year except in Summer Season (June/July/August).
- Trek Type: Medium
- High light of the Trek: Kyangjin Ri Summit (4773M) and Lauribina pass (4610m)
- Accommodation & Food: Full board basis with nights in Lodge/local Houses
- Transportation : 4X4 Jeep/Tourist Bus/Van
- Trekking Permit: Restricted area permit for Tamang Heritage trail and Normal permit to Langtang Valley and Gosaikund Lake trek.
- DAY 01: DRIVE FROM KATHMANDU-GATLANG (2238M)
- DAY 02: TREK UP TO TATOPANI (2607)
- DAY 03: TREK TO NAGTHALI GHYANG (3165M) AND TREK DOWN TO THUMAN (2338M)
- DAY 04: TREK UP TO BRIDDIM (2229)
- DAY 05: TREK TO SHERPAGAON (2563M)
- DAY 06: TREK UP TO GHODA TABELA (3030)
- DAY 07: TREK UP TO LANGTANG VILLAGE (3430M)
- DAY 08: TREK UP TO KYANGJIN GOMPA (3870M)
- DAY 09: KYANGJIN RI SUMMIT (4773M)
- DAY 10: RETURN TO GUMNACHOWK (2769M)
- DAY 11: TREK UP TO THULO SYABRU (2250M)
- DAY 12: TREK UP TO CHANDANBARI (SING GUMBA) (3330M)
- DAY 13: TREK UP TO LAURIBINA (3910M)
- DAY 14: GOSAIKUND LAKE (4142M)
- DAY 15: TREK TO LAURIBINA PASS (4610M) & TREK DOWN TO KUTUMSANG (2470M)
- DAY 16: TREK TO CHISOPANI (2165M)
- DAY 17: TREK TO SUNDARIJAL, KATHMANDU
Write us for detailed information of this itinerary or send us your customized itinerary for a final quotation.
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Special Permit for Tamang Heritage trail
- – TIMS and Shivapuri National Park Entry Fees
- – Langtang National Park entry fees
- – 17 days trek cost on full board basis (accommodation & 3 meals, tea/coffees)
- – Kathmandu-Gatlang Jeep and Sundarijal-Katmandu Transfers
- – Trekking teams salary, insurance, accommodation & food
- – All local communication
EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Nepal Entry visa and International flight tickets
- – Accommodation and Food in Kathmandu
- – City sightseeing Tours
- – International Insurance
- – Trekking equipment/gears
- – Refreshments (clod drinks, alcohols, mineral waters etc)
- – Personal medicines, clothing, walking sticks, hat, sun glasses etc
- – Donation in Village clubs, monasteries etc
- – Tips to the trekking team 3$/day