This famous & exotic trekking opened for foreign trekkers only in 1992. The trek begins from the BARPAK VILLAGE after a 8-9 hrs Jeep drive from Kathmandu through GORKHA. The trail heads up to the next village of LAPRAK and rejoins the traditional Manaslu Circuit Trek through the Khorlabensi Village situated on the west bank of the Budi Gandaki river. The trail which passes through wild and unexplored villages inhabited mainly by Gurung, Ghale & Tibetan ethnic communities.
The trail circumvents interesting Manaslu peak 8156m crossing Larkya pass at 5135m and finally emerges onto the Marshyangdi river valley along the main trail of Annapurna Circuit Trek.
Manaslu Circuit Trekking is considered as one of the beaten path where modernity is still far being introduced in the area. The Manaslu Circuit trekking rewards the adventurous, unparalleled Alpine experience including the authentic high Himalayan cultural heritage.
- Trek Category: Medium (Requires 6 to 7h walking)
- Major Highlights of the Trek: Crossing Larkya La pass (5135m)
- Best Season: Spring (March-May) & Autumn (mid Sept-mid Nov)
- Trek Permits: Special Permit (issued only for min 2 pax and above)
- Park & conservation Entries: (MCAP & ACAP entry fees)
- Accommodation during the trek: Lodge/Guest houses in Manaslu Circuit and for Tsum Valley-Home Stay in Monasteries/Gumbas as no or limited lodges available)
- Food & Beverages: Locally available Menu
- Transportation: 4X4 Jeep drive (KTM-BARPAK 9/10h and DHARAPANI-KTM-10h)
- Leading team: 1 Trekking Guide and 1 porter for two Member (Weight Limit: 20kg/Porter)
This is the trek only itinerary and it can be extended 6 to 7 more days combining Tsum Valley Trek which starts from Jagat village and rejoins at Lokpa village.
(Jagat- Lokpa 2240m- Chumling 2386m- Chhokang Paro 3031m- Nile 3361m-Mu Gumba 3700m- Lungdang Gumba 4240m-Lokpa-Ghyap-Lho).
- DAY 01: KATHMANDU-BARPAK VILLAGE(1950M)
- DAY 02: TREK TO LAPRAK VILLAGE (2100M)
- DAY 03: TREK UP TO KHORLABENSI (970M)
- DAY 04: TREK UP TO JAGAT (1340M)
- DAY 05: TREK UP TO DENG (1860M)
- DAY 06: TREK UP TO NAMRUNG (2630M)
- DAY 07: TREK TO LHO (3180M)
- DAY 08: TREK TO SAMAGAON (3520M)
- DAY 09: MANASLU BASE CAMP EXPLORATION (4400M)
- DAY 10: TREK TO SAMDO (3845M)
- DAY 11: TREK TO DHARMASALA /LARKYA PHEDI (4460M)
- DAY 12: TREK UP TO LARKYA LA PASS (5135M) AND TREK DOWN TO BIMTANG (3590)
- DAY 13: TREK DOWN TO DHARAPANI (1860)
- DAY 14: DRIVE BACK TO KATHMANDU
Note: This itinerary has been recently updated with availability of accommodation facilities, Road & trail network and price for 2017 Season.
Write us for detailed information of this itinerary or send us your customized itinerary for a final quotation.
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Special trekking permit fees
- – ACAP & MCAP entry fees
- – All land transport cost mentioned in the itinerary.
- – Licensed & experienced trekking guide with staffs & their salary
- – Trekking staff’s insurances, food, equipment and accommodation
- – Lodges and Food during the trek (3 meals with tea and coffee).
- – Evacuation flight arrangements
- – Ice-Axes, Crampons and Ropes (optional for the pass)
- – All government taxes
- EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – International flight tickets & taxes
- – Nepal entry visa fees (40$ )
- – Meals in the city (8-12 $ )
- – Evacuation insurance
- – Personal equipment (trekking boot, sun glass, sleeping bags, sticks etc)
- – Personal medical expenses
- – Tips to staffs (3$/day)