The Langtang trek starts from Shyabru Bensi after a day long drive from Kathmandu. Trekking in the spectacular Langtang valley is the nearest place where you could get to the massive snow capped mountains from Kathmandu valley. Langtang region situated to the north of Kathmandu and bordering Tibet. The area is protected as Langtang National Park (LNP) and has a number of high peaks including Langtang Lirung (7246m).
Following a trail upstream Bhote Koshi river through ethnic Tamang villages, lush green forests and the widespread Kyangjin valley surrounded by snowy peaks from all fours sides, takes you up to Kyangjin at 3800m, where you get an opportunity to ascend Kyangjin Ri (4350m), from where the 360-degree mountain views are truly panoramic. After an ascent of Kyangjin Ri, we retrace our route back down the valley to Shyabru Besi and then drive back to Kathmandu.
The Langtang National Park (LNP) contains a wide variety of climatic zones, from subtropical to alpine. Trees include the Oak and Maple and evergreens like Pine and various types of Rhododendron. Animal life includes Himalayan black bear, the goat-like Himalayan thar, Rhesus monkeys and Red Pandas.
The best season to trek this area is in Spring Season (March/April/May) and Autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov).
- Trek Category: Easy (Requires good walking habit of 5/6h per day)
- Accommodation and Food: Lodge/Guest Houses with locally available food menu
- Trek Permit: Normal TIMS and LNP entry fees)
- Leading Team: 1 Trekking Guide and 1 porter for two member basis
This is the trek only itinerary and developed according to progressive acclimatization on the high elevation of the mountain to adapt for all category of the trekker.
- DAY 01: DRIVE TO SHYABRUBENSI (1467M)
- Day 02: TREK TO GUMNACHOWK (2769M)
- Day 03: TREK TO LANGTANG VILLAGE (3430M)
- Day 04: TREK TO KYANGJIN GOMPA (3870M)
- Day 05: KYANGJIN RI SUMMIT (4773M)
- Day 06: TREK BACK TO GHODATABELA (2972)
- Day 07: TREK BACK TO SHAYBRUBENSI
- DAY 08: DRIVE BACK TO KATHMANDU
Write us for detailed information of this itinerary or send us your customized itinerary for a final quotation.
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Langtang National Park entry fees
- – 8 days trek cost on full board basis (accommodation & 3 meals, tea/coffees)
- – Kathmandu-Shyabrubensi-Katmandu Transfers
- – Trekking teams salary, insurance, accommodation & food
- – All local communication
EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Nepal Entry visa and International flight tickets
- – Accommodation and Food in Kathmandu
- – City sightseeing Tours
- – International Insurance
- – Trekking equipment/gears
- – Refreshments (clod drinks, alcohols, mineral waters etc)
- – Personal medicines, clothing, walking sticks, hat, sun glasses etc
- – Donation in Village clubs, monasteries etc
- – Tips to the trekking team 3$/day