Duration: 9 Days
Location: Gosainkund, LangtangBook Now!
GOSAINKUND TREK (9 Days)
- This trek is suitable for those who wish to stay short time in Nepal but wants to know a glimpse of rural Nepal Himalayan tribes and its ethnic culture along with snow caped White Mountains. It is an 7 days long program, which starts in Kathmandu itself at Sundarijal and cross the Lauribina Pass of an altitude of 4700m.The normal trail starts at Sundarijal and goes past Chisopani, Khutumsang, Mangen Goth, Tharepati, Phedi, Gosaikund Lake, Sing gompa and finally ends at Dhunche Bazaar. The Holy Lake of Gosaikund situated at the height of 4300m. There are 20 other lakes scattered in the region. we can see the Himalayan ranges of Ganesh, Lang Sisha Ri etc if we climb up above the lake early in the morning. Descending from the lake to Dhunche, there is a cheese factory where one can enjoy delicacy of local Yak Cheese. The most important benefit of this trek is that the area is less crowded by tourist and free from noise and pollution in comparison to other regions. Besides this, the trek offers a wide range of cultures and spectacular scenery.
- The best season to trek this area is in spring season (March/April/May) and autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov) but this trip can be done throughout the year except in Summer Season (June/July/august).
- Trek Category: Easy (Requires good walking habit of 5/6h per day)
- High light of the Trek: Laurebina Pass (4610m)
- Accommodation and Food: Lodge/Guest Houses with locally available food menu
- Trek Permit: Normal TIMS and LNP entry fees)
- Leading Team: 1 Trekking Guide and 1 porter for two member basis
This is the trek only itinerary and developed according to progressive acclimatization on the high elevation of the mountain to adapt for all category of the trekker.
- DAY 01: DRIVE TO DHUNCHE (1960M)
- DAY 02: TREK UP TO CHANDANBARI (3330M)
- DAY 03: TREK UP TO LAUREBINA (3910M)
- DAY 04: TREK UP TO GOSAIKUND LAKE (4380M)
- DAY 05: REST DAY (DAY HIKE AROUND LAKE)
- DAY 06: TREK UP TO LAUREBINA PASS (4610M) AND TREK DOWN TO THAREPATI (3690M)
- DAY 07: TREK DOWN TO GOLFUBHANJYANG (2130M)
- DAY 08: TREK TO CHISOPANI (2165M)
- DAY 09: TREK TO SUNDARIJAL, KATHMANDU
Write us for detailed information of this itinerary or send us your customized itinerary for a final quotation.
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Langtang National Park entry fees
- – 9 days trek cost on full board basis (accommodation & 3 meals, tea/coffees)
- – Kathmandu-Dhunche/Sundarijal-Katmandu Transfers
- – Trekking teams salary, insurance, accommodation & food
- – All local communication
EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Nepal Entry visa and International flight tickets
- – Accommodation and Food in Kathmandu
- – City sightseeing Tours
- – International Insurance
- – Trekking equipment/gears
- – Refreshments (clod drinks, alcohols, mineral waters etc)
- – Personal medicines, clothing, walking sticks, hat, sun glasses etc
- – Donation in Village clubs, monasteries etc
- – Tips to the trekking team 3$/day