The Everest base camp trek is one of the wonder of the world for mountain and adventure lovers who wish to reach one day on the feet of the world’s tallest peak on Earth. The Everest base camp trek is a great introductory lodge trek that offers sensational mountain views and an insight into the lives of the Sherpa people.
After exploring the temples, shrines, bazaars and restaurants of Kathmandu, we take an exciting mountain flight to Lukla and trek up the Dudh Kosi valley, surrounded by the soaring peaks of Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. It is a steep ascent to Namche Bazaar, capital of the Sherpa, where we are again greeted by spectacular mountain vistas. A rest day here aids acclimatization.
We trek along a high traversing path where we have our first good views of Everest and then head towards Tengboche Monastery, which is a 2-hour climb. The monastery sits at 3867m in a clearing surrounded by dwarf firs and rhododendrons.
The monastery is structurally located on a ridge top with commanding views of the Everest landscape. The view from this spot, seen to best advantage in the morning, is absolutely mesmerizing and stunning and is rightly deemed to be one of the most magnificent in the world. Villages are interspersed with magnificent forests of rhododendron, magnolia and giant firs. In both the early autumn and late spring, the flowers on this portion of the trek make it the kind of walk you will remember for a long, long time.
We then descend to the Imja Khola and continue to the villages of Pangboche and Pheriche before finally approaching the Khumbu Glacier. We then follow the glacier, first to Lobuche, advantage point for some spectacular views of the Ama Dablam, Taweche and other peaks and then hike to Gorakchep for a breather. Mount Everest Base Camp has been a popular destination for trekkers since the very first expeditions from the Nepalese side of Everest in the 1953 .
The best season to trek this area is in Spring season (March/April/May) and Autumn (Sept/Oct/Nov) but this trek can be done throughout the year except in Summer Season (June/July/August).
Trek Category: Medium with High Elevation (requires good walking habit 5/6h day)
Accommodation: Lodge/Guest House
Transport: Both way Flight Kathmandu/Lukla
Food: Locally available Food Menu
Permits & Entries: TIMS & SNP Fees
Leading Team: 1 Trekking Guide & 1 porter per two member ratio
This is trek only itinerary so that you are advised to have enough days before and after trek.
- DAY 01: FLY TO LUKLA (2840M) & TREK DOWN TO PHAKDING (2610M)
- DAY 02: TREK UP TO NAMCHE BAZAAR 5-(3440M)
- DAY 03: NAMCHE BAZAAR (REST DAY/ACCLIMATIZATION)
- DAY 04: TREK UP TO TENGBOCHE MONASTERY (3860M)
- DAY 05: TREK UP TO PHERICHE (4240M)
- DAY 06: REST DAY IN PHERICHE
- DAY 07: TREK UP TO LOBUCHE (4910M)
- DAY 08: TREK UP TO GORAKCHEP (5140M)
- DAY 09: DAY HIKING TO THE EVEREST BASE CAMP & RETURN TO GORAKCHEP
- DAY 10: TREK DOWN TO PANGBOCHE MONASTERY (3930M)
- DAY 11: TREK DOWN TO NAMCHE BAZAAR
- DAY 12: TREK DOWN TO LUKLA
- DAY 13: FLY BACK TO KATHMANDU & TREK CONCLUDES
Write us for detailed information of this itinerary or send us your customized itinerary for a final quotation.
(Please give us an idea about your initial budget and no. of participants along with your other requirements so that we can make final pricing quotation to suit your requirements.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Welcome lunch or dinner
- – Trekking permit & TIMS fees
- – Everest National park entry fees.
- – All land transport cost mentioned in the itinerary.
- – Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu airfare & taxes
- – Licensed & experienced trekking guide with staffs & their salary
- – Trekking staff’s insurances and equipment
- – Lodge and Food during the trek (3 meals with Tea and Coffee).
- – International flight confirmations
- – Evacuation flight arrangements
- – All government taxes
EXCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – International flight tickets & taxes
- – Nepal entry visa fees (40$ )
- –Hotel Accommodation and Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu
- –Evacuation insurance
- – Personal equipment (trekking boot, sun glass, sleeping bags, sticks etc)
- – Personal medical expenses
- – Tips to staffs (3$/day)